You see the advertisements in magazines, on TV, and on the Web. They are heard by you on radio stations. You receive fliers in the mail. You may also get calls from telemarketers giving credit repair services. Each of them make the same claims:
“Credit dilemmas? No problem!”
“We could erase your bad credit-100% guaranteed.”
“Create a brand new credit identity-legally.”
“We may eliminate judgments, bankruptcies, liens, and bad loans from your own credit file forever!”
Do yourself a favor and save your self some funds, also. Do not believe these claims. They are simply not true. Only time, an effort, and an agenda for repaying the debt will improve your credit report.
The Warning Signs
If you should opt to answer a present to correct your credit, think. Don’t work with any company that:
* wants you to buy credit repair services before any services are given
* doesn’t tell you your legal rights and what you can perform your self free of charge
* suggests that you not contact a consumer reporting company right
* suggests that you make an effort to create a “new” credit report by obtaining an Employer Identification Number to make use of instead of your Social Security number
* says you to challenge all data in your credit report or take any action that seems illegal, such as for example creating a new credit identity. If you follow advice and commit fraud, you may be susceptible to prosecution.
You might be charged and tried for mail or wire fraud if you make use of the mail or phone to apply for credit and provide false information. It’s a federal crime to create false claims on a loan or credit software, to misrepresent your Social Security number, and to acquire an Identification Number from the Inner Revenue Service under false pretenses.
Fraud artists are out in full force with all the subprime mortgages and credit debt. They prefer to prey on the poor and needy. Be careful.
For more, please go to: medicare fraud